Brand name My Southern Collard Greens website. This video is about how to make Collard Greens Recipe How to Cook Southern, Soul Food Collard Greens. Traditionally, Southern collard greens are made with pork. In this recipe, chopped bacon is cooked until almost crisp and the drippings are used to saute chopped onions, which forms the foundation of the dish, along with chopped smoked ham and garlic.
All Reviews for Southern Style Collard Greens. For me, southern style collard greens are like a dream come true. In fact, it's a must item I have to have on my Thanksgiving plate. You work grilling coddle My Southern Collard Greens employing 10 program and 3 as a consequence. Here you go hit.
prescription of My Southern Collard Greens
- add 1 lb of Fresh or canned collard greens.
- then 4 slices of bacon.
- then 2 tbsp of oil.
- give 1 of medium yellow onion (chopped).
- This 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- give 1-2 cups of chicken broth or 2 tbsp chicken soup base.
- add 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar.
- then Pinch of salt (optional).
- also to taste of Black pepper.
- also 1 tsp of butter.
Collard greens are full of many essential vitamins and they've been noted as one of the vegetables that can aid in the prevention of cancer. Enjoy Flavorful Southern Collard Greens today! Tossed with bacon bits and garlic, our Healthy Living southern collard greens make a great side dish. For me, southern collard greens are just about my favorite vegetable.
My Southern Collard Greens individually
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until it begins to crisp up. Once it does, remove it from the skillet and chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Add olive oil and onion, fry it for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Afterwards add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds before adding in the collard greens..
- After you stir the greens together with the onions and garlic, add in the chicken broth or soup base, brown sugar, salt, pepper and stir well, reduce heat to low and simmer for 90 minutes until the collard greens are tender..
I've been told that when I was little, I would turn down a bowl of ice cream for Here is a SUPER easy way to make some of the best southern collard greens you've ever had. Southern collard greens, you should know, are one of those recipes that has unlimited variations. Each region, even each cook, has his or her own twist. This is how we had them at our company picnics, so long ago. Cut off and discard the tough stems and discolored leaves from the greens.