Cure Chicken and sausage gumbo site. All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Categories: Dutch Oven Cast Iron Skillet American Cajun Gumbo Recipes Stew Recipes Celery Sausage Recipes Chicken Recipes Poultry. You transact frying decoct Chicken and sausage gumbo accepting 12 program including 6 also. Here you are fulfill.
technique of Chicken and sausage gumbo
- Prepare 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed.
- You need 1 link of Cajun sausage sliced.
- a little 1/2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- This 1/2 cup of fine chopped green bell.
- This 4 of fresh red chiles fine chopped.
- then 1/2 cup of celery fine chopped.
- then 3 of large garlic minced.
- add leaves of Bay.
- This 32 oz of bold chicken stock.
- use 1/2 of + 1bsp oil (canola).
- You need 1/2 of + 1 tbsp flour.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning (I use Webber).
This classic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Andouille sausage and chicken are two common proteins in gumbo, but not the only ones by a long shot. Then there's gumbo z'herbes, a Lenten version made with an acre's worth of sundry greens and not a scrap from the animal kingdom.
Chicken and sausage gumbo receipt
- Add oil to a cast iron enamel pot and sprinkle in flour and make a dark chocolate roux and put into a separate glass container.
- No need to wipe the pot so just add your sliced sausage to the pot and sear and remove.
- Now add the chicken thighs and sear both sides and remove.
- Add in all the veggies, sweat down until really soft.
- Add in the chicken, sausage, tbsp Cajun seasoning, chicken stock, 1 cup water, bay leaves and cover until the chicken is ready to be pulled, about 30 to 40 minutes (I remove them and pull them so I can get rid of any leftover fatty pieces) add the pulled chicken back to the pot.
- Whisk in your roux and simmer on low until it starts to thicken and taste for seasonings (if you need to add a little water to thin you can) add hot sauce to taste.
Speaking of vegetables, some gumbos, Creole ones, have. Gumbo, on the other hand, is more of a soup. Like Jambalaya, Gumbo contains a mix of vegetables, sometimes meat, and always shellfish, but the overall stock is thinner. Savory and delicious, this mouthwatering Gumbo Recipe comes filled with chicken, Andouille sausage, and seafood and. This Easy Chicken Gumbo recipe is like a party for your mouth!