Budget Oven Braised Pot Roast online.
You execute boiling burn Oven Braised Pot Roast working 14 program as well as 7 also. Here is how you pull off.
ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- then 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- give 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- give 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- also 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- use 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- also 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- use 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- then 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- also 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- a little 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- give 1 of Bay leaf.
Oven Braised Pot Roast method
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).